Sony Xperia Z1 was released in September 2013. Xperia Z1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core processor, and 2GB of RAM. The 5″ TFT display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is manufactured utlising Sony’s Bravia technology. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, with a further 64GB available with microSD. Z1 has a 20.7MP sensor, Sony’s in-house G lens and image processing algorithms, called BIONZ.
Sony Xperia Z1 has not received official Android 5.1.1 yet. However using CM 12.1 ROM, it is possible to update Xperia Z1 to official Android 5.1.1. Besides this, you will get more features and better performance than the stock ROM. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z1:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 on Xperia Z1:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.