Yu Yuphoria is powered by a 64 bit Qualcomm 410 chipset that offers a 1.2 GHz quad core processor, an Adreno 306 GPU and 2 GB of RAM, along with 16 GB of storage. Cameras include a 5 MP front and an 8 MP rear facing, which is supported by an LED flash. The Yu Yuphoria offers a 5” IPS LCD display, with a pixel resolution of 720 x 1280 resulting in a PPI of ~258.
Yu Yuphoria has received the official build of CM 12.1 custom ROM which will update the device to Android 5.1.1. It will also bring along the CyanogenMod features which are not present in Yuphoria. Interested users can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yuphoria:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Yu Yuphoria must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Yu Yuphoria:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.