Yu Yureka features a 5.5″ 720 x 1280 IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, which is expandable to 32GB via microSD card. The rear camera sports a 13MP Sony Exmor CMOS sensor with an F/2.2 aperture, while the front facing camera features a 5MP sensor. All this is backed by a 2500mAh battery.
Yu Yureka runs on modified Cyanogen OS but you can install the stock CM 12.1 ROM on it. It will not contain any bloat and it will offer better performance. Also, you will get the latest Android 5.1.1 OS. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Yu Yueka:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.