HTC One S is the smaller version of the HTC One X. It features a 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 960×540. Powered by a Snapdragon 400 quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, it has 1 GB of RAM and internal memory of 16 GB. When it was released, it ran on Android 4.0.3 ICS.
HTC have confirmed that only the flagship devices and their variants will get the official Lollipop update. But owners of other devices need not worry. If you want to update your device to Lollipop, there are plenty of custom ROMs available. CM team have released the official nightly of CM 12.1 ROM that will update the device to Android 5.1. Follow the guide below to install this ROM on the HTC One S.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.