Motorola Droid Razr has a 4.3″ AMOLED PenTile display with a Gorilla glass cover. It has a 8MP front camera and 1.6MP rear camera. It is powered by 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. The phone can be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, though it ships with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread.
Previously, we saw how to install CM 12 on the Motorola Droid Razr. Th official build of the latest CM 12.1 custom ROM has been developed by the CyanogenMod team for the Droid Razr. This will update the Razr to Android 5.1. Follow the guide below to install CM 12.1 on the Droid Razr.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Droid Razr:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Droid Razr must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Droid Razr:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM.1 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.