Nexus 6 features a large 5.96″ AMOLED QHD display, with a resolution of 1440 x 2560, giving it an impressive 493 ppi pixel density. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor, with 3GB of RAM, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Nexus 6 shooter comes in at 13MP, with optical image stabilisation and a twin-LED ring flash, for clearer photos in low light conditions. Other features include a 3220mAh battery and a bundled Motorola Turbo Charger for a quick battery charge.
Nexus 6, being the latest device in the Nexus line, becomes the first device to get any new Android update. Android 5.1 has been rolled out to this device. But if you want more features and customizations on the Nexus 6, you can switch to official CM 12.1 ROM. It has the same UI as stock Nexus 6 but offers more features. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.