OnePlus One sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
OnePlus One has only recently received the Android 5.0.2 official update. However the latest version is 5.1 and it will be some time before this device receives it. Good news is that official CM 12.1 nightly is available for the OnePlus One. It will update the OnePlus One to Android 5.1. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.