Samsung Galaxy Premier comes with 4.65-inch HD display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 8-megapixel main camera and a 1.9-megapixel front facing unit, 8 or 16GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot. At the time of its release, the Galaxy Premier ran on Android 4.1.
Since Android 4.1, many updates have been released. And Galaxy Premier has missed out on those due to it not being a flagship device. However the CM team makes sure that most of the devices can be updated to the latest Android version using their ROMs. The Galaxy Premier can be updated to Android 5.1 using the CM 12.1 custom ROM. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Premier:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy Premier must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Galaxy Premier:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.