Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was launched in 2012 after the success of Galaxy Note. It has a huge 5.5″ Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It has a Quadcore 1.60GHz Exynos 4412 processor, 2GB of RAM. When it was released, it ran on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS.
CyanogenMod team have made custom ROM – CM 12.1 running on Android 5.1 and this time Sprint version of the Galaxy Note 2 is the lucky device. Sprint Note 2 may get Android 5.1 update later but if you wish to install the CM 12.1 ROM on Sprint Note 2, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sprint Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Sprint Note 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Sprint Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.