Symphony Roar A50 has specs similar to other Android One devices. It has a a 4.5-inch, 854×480 resolution IPS display, MediaTek MT6582 SoC with 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU and Mali 400 MP2 GPU, 1GB RAM, 5 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera, FM radio, dual SIM support. Storage comes in 4/8GB with support for microSD card expansion.
XDA Developer varun.chitre15 has created a CM 12.1 nightly for the Symphony Roar A50 for both 4GB and 8GB models. It is the official version of the CM 12.1 ROM and can be installed on Symphony Roar A50. Users who are interested can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Roar A50:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Roar A50 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file (4GB, 8GB)
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Symphony Roar A50:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.