LG Optimus G is LG’s late 2012 flagship phone. It is powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. The speedy processor is backed by 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of ROM, a 4.7″ “True HD-IPS+” panel, LTE connectivity, a 2100 mAh battery, and an 8 or 13 MP camera (depending on region). It originally came with ICS OS but it was upgradable to Jelly Bean.
The Sprint variant of Optimus G has received the CM 12 custom ROM. This ROM will upgrade the device to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Its a useful option as Optimus G is not scheduled to receive official Lollipop update. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sprint Optimus G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Sprint Optimus G:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.