Nexus 5X is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC, 2GB of RAM. Nexus 5X has a 5.2in display. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include 12.3MP rear-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture onboard, as well as a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. Nexus 5X also has fingerprint scanner (Nexus Imprint), USB Type-C port which will allow for faster charging.
CyanogenMod team have started rolling out CM 13.0.1. This is a minor update with bug fixes and it runs on Android 6.0.1. If you are bored of stock ROM and want to update Nexus 5X to CM 13.0.1, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5X must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13.0.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13.0.1 ROM on Nexus 5X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13.0.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13.0.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.