Huawei Nexus 6P is a high-end Android smartphone, released in September 2015. It features a 5.7″ Quad-HD AMOLED display, 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, and 3GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, though the device lacks a removable storage slot. Other features include a USB Type-C port, 12MP rear camera, 8MP front selfie camera and 3450mAh battery. On the exterior, the Nexus 6P features a fingerprint sensor.
A new version of CyanogenMod ROM is available for Nexus 6P – CM 13.0.1. This is quite a minor update over previous one but still contains some important bug fixes. If you want to install this ROM on Nexus 6P, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6P:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 6P must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13.0.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13.0.1 ROM on Nexus 6P:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13.0.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13.0.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.