Asus Zenfone 2 Selfie has a 5.5″ Full HD display, a 64 bit Snapdragon 615 processor with 8 cores, 2/4GB RAM and 16, 32 or 64GB storage options. The USP of this device is the camera – both the front and the back camera have same specs – 13MP camera with dual-tone LED flashes. It currently runs on Android Lollipop but it will get Marshmallow update.
Previously, we saw how to install CM 13 on Asus Zenfone 2 Selfie. But it was an older build and it ran on Android 6.0. Now a fresh nightly is available which will update Asus Zenfone 2 Selfie to Android 6.0.1. If you want to install this ROM, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Zenfone 2 Selfie:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Zenfone 2 Selfie must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Zenfone 2 Selfie:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.