Asus Zenfone 2 was launched in March last year. It has a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by a Intel Atom CPU which is clocked at 1.8GHz and has 4 cores. The rear camera is 13MP while the front camera is 5MP. The internal memory of Zenfone 2 is 16GB and it has a microSD card slot.
Asus Zenfone 2 runs on its own custom UI. If you are not a big fan of it, you can install CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 which is almost as clean as stock ROM. A detailed guide on how to install CM 13 ROM is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Zenfone 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Zenfone 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Zenfone 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.