HTC Desire 816 is a mid-range device that brings in a number of high-end specs. The Desire 816 has a 5.5″ Super LCD2 720p display. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.6GHz quad-core processor and has 1.5GB of RAM. Internal storage sits at 8GB, and can be expanded with a microSD card, up to 128GB. It has two comparatively powerful cameras. A 13MP rear facing camera, and 5MP front facing camera. All this runs on a 2600mAH non-removable battery.
The most famous custom ROM out there – CM 13 is now officially available for the dual SIM version of HTC Desire 816. There were plenty of unofficial builds but now with the official nightly, the number of glitches and bugs have been reduced. If you want to install this ROM, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC Desire 816:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC Desire 816 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on HTC Desire 816:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.