HTC One A9 has a 5.0″ 1080p AMOLED display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa-core CPU with 2GB of RAM. The battery is 2150mAh. Some of the unique features of the A9 include Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 which lets you go from 0-80% in 30 minutes, an amplified headphone port for double the output of regular phones, and promised Android updates (for the unlocked US version) within 15 days of Google’s Nexus phones. The A9 also has a microSD slot for expandable memory up to 2TB.
Previously, we saw how to install CM 13 ROM on HTC One A9. Now, CM team have updated CM 13 ROM and it runs on the latest Android version – 6.0.1. If you want to install the updated CM 13 ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One A9:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC One A9 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on HTC One A9:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.