Lenovo Zuk Z1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 CPU with 3GB RAM and 64GB of ROM. The LCD IPS display is 1080p at 5.5″ and has a contrast ration of 1500:1. The Sony camera sensor, which has an f/2.2 aperture, takes 13MP and has optical image stabilization. It has a large 4,100mAh which supports fast-charging via its USB Type-C plug.
Lenovo has promised Marshmallow update for Zuk Z1 but it has not received Marshmallow as of now. You can always use custom ROMs if you want to update Zuk Z1 to latest Android version. An official nightly of CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 is available for Zuk Z1. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Lenovo Zuk Z1:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Lenovo Zuk Z1 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.