LG G2 is the successor to the 2012 Optimus G and 2013 Optius G Pro. The G2 is powered by a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, with 2GB of RAM. The IPS display of the G2 comes in at 5.2″ with a 1080p resolution. Internal storage comes in 16GB or 32GB, which is not expandable. The G2 utilizes advanced audio hardware to support 24-bit/192KHz audio. The G2 has a 13MP rear facing camera, and is powered by a non-removable 3000mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team are working on creating CM 13 ROMs are a lot of devices. Another smartphone added to this list is LG G2 (Canada). This ROM will update Canadian LG G2 to Android 6.0.1. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.