LG G2 is the successor to the 2012 Optimus G and 2013 Optius G Pro. The G2 is powered by a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, with 2GB of RAM. The IPS display of the G2 comes in at 5.2″ with a 1080p resolution. Internal storage comes in 16GB or 32GB, which is not expandable. The G2 utilizes advanced audio hardware to support 24-bit/192KHz audio. The G2 has a 13MP rear facing camera, and is powered by a non-removable 3000mAh battery.
The CyanogenMod team have deployed CM 13 Release 1 for LG G2. This ROM runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. And it being a release and not a nightly or a build, the number of bugs will be very less. If you want to install it on your G2, a detailed tutorial is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.