LG G4 is powered by a Hex-Core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and 3GB of RAM. It features a Quad HD 5.5″ IPS Quantum LCD display, 32GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB available via microSD, and wireless charging capability. The rear facing shooter comes in at 16MP and features an f1.8 aperture, phase detection/laser focus, optical image stablization and 4K video recording at 30FPS. The front facing camera has an 8MP sensor and is capable of 1080p video at 30FPS.
CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 is available for LG G4. CM 13 not only has better features than the stock LG ROM, but also gives better performance. If you want to install CM 13 on LG G4, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your G4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.