Moto G 2015 features a 720p 5″ IPS LCD display, 13MP rear camera and 5MP front facing camera. It’s powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. It comes in two variants, one with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage, the other with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. Both support up to 32GB microSD cards. The Moto G runs on a 2470mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team have released an official CM 13 nightly for Moto G 2015. This ROM will update Moto G to Android 6.0.1. And since this is an official version, there will be very few bugs. Follow the guide below to install CM 13 on Moto G 2015.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.