Moto Maxx has a 5.2″ Super AMOLED QHD display with an impressive pixel density of 565ppi. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset, with a 2.7GHz quad-core Krait 450 processor, 3GB of RAM and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Moto Maxx shooter comes in at 21MP, with an F/2.0 aperture and 4K video recording. It’s backed by a large 3900mAh battery.
A CM 13 build running on Android 6.0.1 is available for Moto Maxx. It is the latest nightly of CM 13 and it has very few bugs. Not only does it offers more features, CM 13 offers better performance than the stock ROM. If you want to install CM 13 on Moto Maxx, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto Maxx:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto Maxx must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Moto Maxx:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.