Moto X Play is a mid-range Android smartphone, released in Q3 2015. It comes with a 5.5″ Full-HD display, Snapdragon 615 chipset, with an octa-core 1.7GHz processor, and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in either 16GB or 32GB, and a further 128GB is available via microSD card. The 21MP rear camera features an f/2.0 lens and 1080p video recording, while the front camera features a 5MP sensor. The Moto X Play is powered by a 3630mAh battery which supports fast charging.
Motorola have planned to update Moto X Play to Android 6.0.1 but we don’t know when. If you are tired waiting for Android 6.0.1 update, you can install CM 13 ROM manually. A detailed tutorial is given below which will guide you through the installation steps.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X Play:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto X Play must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Moto X Play:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.