Nextbit Robin has a 5.2″ IPS FHD Gorilla Glass 4 display and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 CPU. It has 32GB of storage, and buyers of the phone get 100GB in cloud storage. The rear camera takes photos at 13MP and can do phase-detection autofocus, while the front-facing camera takes 5MP shots. The battery’s capacity is 2680mAh. Lastly. Nextbit Robin also has a fingerprint sensor embedded in the power button.
CyanogenMod team have finally created CM 13 ROM for Nextbit Robin. CM ROMs are one of the best out there offering better performance and a near stock Android-like experience. If you want to try out this ROM on your device, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nextbit Robin:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nextbit Robin must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Nextbit Robin:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.