Nexus 5X is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC, 2GB of RAM. Nexus 5X has a 5.2in display. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include 12.3MP rear-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture onboard, as well as a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. Nexus 5X also has fingerprint scanner (Nexus Imprint), USB Type-C port which will allow for faster charging.
CyanogenMod team have released official CM 13 Release 1 for Nexus 5X. This is the most recent update which has the least number of bugs till now. The Release 1 will also update Nexus 5X to Android 6.0.1. Follow the guide below to install it on Nexus 5X.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Nexus 5X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.