Oppo N3’s standout feature is its 16MP rotating camera, allowing for both front facing and rear facing photos. It features an F2.2 lens with Schneider optics, and motorized swivel action., which also allows for automatic panorama shots. The Oppo N3 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 32GB, with a further 128GB available via micro-SD. It has a 5.5″ IPC LCD 1080p display and runs on a 3000mAh battery.
Although Oppo N3 has not received Android Marshmallow update, you can still run Android 6.0.1 on Oppo N3 thanks to the efforts of CyanogenMod developers. An official release version of CM 13 is available for Oppo N3 with very few bugs. If you want to install it on Oppo N3, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Oppo N3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Oppo N3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Oppo N3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.