Oppo R7 Plus is a dual-SIM flagship Android phablet, released by the Chinese manufacturer in May 2015. It has a 6″ 1080p AMOLED display, it’s powered by a 1.5Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, has 3GB of RAM, and 32GB internal storage, which can be bumped up by a further 128GB using microSD. It has a 13MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics, laser autofocus and 1080p video recording at 60FPS. The Oppo R7 Plus runs on an generous 4100mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team have come up with CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 for Oppo R7 Plus. The latest nightly is the most stable till date and contains very few bugs. It you want to install it on your R7 Plus, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Oppo R7 Plus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Oppo R7 Plus must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Oppo R7 Plus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.