Sony Xperia M is a low end smartphone. Released in August 2013, it features a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor, 1GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage. A MicroSD slot allows for an extra 32GB to be added. The 4″ display has a resolution of 480×854. The Xperia M has a 5MP camera, which can record video at 720p.
After initially having trouble coming up with CM 13 for Sony devices, CyanogenMod team have found a breakthrough. CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 can now be installed on Sony Xperia M. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia M:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Xperia M:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.