Sony Xperia TX has a 4.5″ display with a 1080x720p resolution. It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon S4 Plus processor. The Xperia TX uses 1GB of RAM, with 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. At the time of its release it ran on Android Ice Cream Sandwich and it was upgradable to Jelly Bean.
Although Sony stopped official support long ago, XDA developers have continued to make ROMs for this phone. CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 can now be installed on Sony Xperia TX. If you want Android Marshmallow on Xperia TX, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia TX:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Sony Xperia TX:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.