Sony Xperia ZL has a 5″ display with a 1080x1920p resolution and Sony’s Bravia Engine 2. The 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor is quad-core. The Xperia ZL uses 2 GB of RAM, with 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. The Sony Xperia ZL uses IR technology to use the phone as a remote control for a television. At the time of its release it ran on Android Jelly Bean.
Many unofficial versions of CM 13 were available for Xperia ZL but now an official CM 13 nightly has been created for this device. It will update Xperia ZL to Android 6.0.1. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Sony Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.