Wileyfox Storm is a British made mid/high-range Android smartphone, released in November 2015. The Storm features a 5.5″ 1080p IPS display, 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 815 processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. It comes with a 2500mAh battery, 20MP rear camera with a Sony sensor, 8MP selfie camera, dual-SIM capability, and runs on Cyanogen OS.
CyanogenMod team have come up with CM 13 ROM for Wileyfox Storm. Although it runs on Cyanogen OS, there are many differences between Cyanogen OS and CyanogenMod ROMs. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Wileyfox Storm:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Wileyfox Storm must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Wileyfox Storm:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.