Wileyfox Swift features a 5″ 720p IPS display, 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage, which can be increased by up to 32GB using microSD. The rear camera has a 13MP Samsung sensor, while the front has a 5MP sensor. Other features include dual-SIM support and a removable 2500mAh battery.
Although this is quite an unknown device, CyanogenMod team have made CM 13 ROM for this phone. By installing CM 13 on Wileyfox Swift, it can be updated to Android 6.0.1. A detailed guide on how to install it is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Wileyfox Swift:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Wileyfox Swift must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Wileyfox Swift:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.