Xiaomi Mi 4 features a Snapdragon 801 quad-core 2.5Ghz processor, 3GB of RAM and either 16GB or 64GB of internal storage. It has a 1080p IPS LCD 4.7″ display, and a 13MP rear camera, as well as a 5MP front facing camera.
CyanogenMod, which is a team of developers, does a better job of providing latest Android updates than most of the Android manufacturers. They have made Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow nightlies available for a lot of devices. Xiaomi Mi 4 is one of them. If you want to install CM 13 on Xiaomi Mi 4, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xiaomi Mi 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Mi 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.