Yu Yunique features a 4.7-inch display with 1280 x 720 resolution and Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor with 1GB of RAM. The rear camera is a respectable 8MP while the front camera is 2MP. Other specs include 8GB of on-board storage and microSD expansion up to 32GB and 2000mAh battery capacity. Yu Yunique also offers 4G LTE support.
Yu Yunique comes between a low-end and mid-range device. Even then, CyanogenMod team have been successful in developing CM 13 ROM for this phone. This ROM will update Yu Yunique to latest Android 6.0.1. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yunique:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Yu Yunique:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.