Zenfone 2 Laser is a group of mid-range Android smartphones, released in August 2015, with a number of different region-specific configurations. The Zenfone 2 Laser comes with either a 5″, 5.5″ or 6″ display, with either 720p or 1080p resolutions. Chipsets range from a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410, to a 1.7GHz octa-core Snapdragon 616, with each device having either 2GB or 3GB of RAM and 8GB, 16GB or 32GB internal storage. All devices are capable of holding a microSD card up to 128GB and have dual-SIM capability. Cameras comes in either 8MP or 13MP and batteries range from 2400mAh to 3000mAh.
An official nightly of CM 13 ROM is available for Zenfone 2 Laser 1080p version. This ROM will update Zenfone 2 Laser to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you are interested in installing this ROM, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Zenfone 2 Laser:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Zenfone 2 Laser must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Zenfone 2 Laser:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.