Nexus 9 is manufactured by HTC. It features an 8.9″ IPS LCD display with 1536 x 2048 resolution. It’s powered by an Nvidia Tegra K1 dual-core 2.3GHz processor and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The Nexus 9 features a large 6700mAh battery, and 8MP camera, with 1080p video recording, along with a 2.1MP secondary front facing camera.
Nexus 9 runs on stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. But if you want to try a custom ROM on this device, CyanogenMod team have created a CM 13 ROM. An official nightly with very few bugs is available for this device. If you want to install it, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 9:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Nexus 9:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.