HTC One A9 has a 5.0″ 1080p AMOLED display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa-core CPU with 2GB of RAM. The battery is 2150mAh. Some of the unique features of the A9 include Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 which lets you go from 0-80% in 30 minutes, an amplified headphone port for double the output of regular phones, and promised Android updates (for the unlocked US version) within 15 days of Google’s Nexus phones. The A9 also has a microSD slot for expandable memory up to 2TB.
HTC One A9 runs on Android Marshmallow. It has a good stock ROM, but people who have used CM 13 ROMs before wont prefer any other. If you are a fan of CyanogenMod ROM and want to try it on HTC One A9, then follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One A9:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC One A9 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on HTC One A9:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.