HTC One M9 has 5in screen with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a pixel density of 441 per inch. It is powered by a 64-bit, octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor and 3GB of RAM. HTC has replaced the Ultrapixel rear camera with a 20MP one, while the front camera is a 4MP Ultra Pixel sensor, letting a claimed 300% more light into your selfies than the M8 managed. The internal storage is 32GB with a microSD card slot worth up to 128GB.
HTC One M9 is yet to receive official Marshmallow update in all the regions. If you are tired of waiting for the official update, you can always use custom ROMs. CM 13 ROM will update One M9 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. A detailed guide on how to install CM 13 on HTC One M9 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your One M9:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- One M9 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on One M9:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.