Honor 4x has a HiSilicon Kirin 620 SoC which features a 1.2 GHz octa-core CPU and a Mali-450 GPU, backed up with 2GB of RAM. The large 5.5” IPS LCD display has a pixel resolution of 720 x 1280, which equates to a pixel density of ~267 PPI. Storage is at 8 GB, but this is expandable by way of microSD. Cameras include a 5 MP secondary and a 13 MP primary, which utilizes a LED flash.
CyanogenMod team have come up with official CM 13 ROM for Honor 4x which will update the device to Android 6.0. This build is still in development stages but it contains very few bugs. If you are interested, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Honor 4x:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Honor 4x must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Honor 4x:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.