LG G3 Beat features a 5-inch IPS display offering 294ppi pixel density. The screen resolution has been dropped to 720×1280 pixels as compared to the QHD resolution of the LG G3. LG G3 Beat is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor clubbed with 2GB of RAM. It comes with 8GB of inbuilt storage with microSD card expansion and is backed by a 2540mAh battery. G3 Beat features an 8 MP rear camera with Laser Autofocus feature seen on the G3, while the front camera will be 1.3 MP.
CyanogenMod team have released the official CM 13 ROM for G3 Beat which will update this phone to Android 6.0. LG will take a few months to release official Android 6.0 for G3 Beat so in the meantime you can use CM 13 ROM. Follow the guide below to install CM 13 on LG G3 Beat.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your G3 Beat:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- G3 Beat must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G3 Beat:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.