LG G4 is powered by a Hex-Core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and 3GB of RAM. It features a Quad HD 5.5″ IPS Quantum LCD display, 32GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB available via microSD, and wireless charging capability. The rear facing shooter comes in at 16MP and features an f1.8 aperture, phase detection/laser focus, optical image stablization and 4K video recording at 30FPS. The front facing camera has an 8MP sensor and is capable of 1080p video at 30FPS.
CyanogenMod team is slowly releasing official builds of CM 13 ROM which will update the devices to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. LG G4 has received couple of nightlies of CM 13 and it is quite stable. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG G4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.