LG Optimus 90 is a mid-range Android smartphone. The L90 has a 4.7″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 540 x 960. It runs on a Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 1GB of internal storage, an 8MP camera and HSPDA / WI-Fi connectivity. The LG Optimus L90 is powered by a 2540 mAh battery.
LG Optimus being a mid-range device, wont be getting official Marshmallow updates. However there is no need to worry as CyanogenMod team have developed CM 13 ROM running on Android Marshmallow. This ROM is known to perform better than stock ROM and offers more features. Follow the guide below to install it on LG Optimus L90.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Optimus L90:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Optimus L90 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Optimus L90:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.