The 2014 Moto G is the successor to Motorola’s best selling phone of the same name. It features a 5″ 720p IPS LCD display, 1.2GHZ quad-core Cortex-A7, 1GB of RAM and either 8GB or 16GB or internal storage. It has an 8MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera. The Moto G is powered by a non-removable 2070mAh battery.
Previously we saw how to install CM 13 on Moto G 2014. But that was for 3G version. Now even the 4G variant of Moto G 2014 has received CM 13 build. If you want to install it on your Moto G 2014, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Moto G 2014:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.