Moto X 2014 has a 5.2in AMOLED display enclosed within the Gorilla Glass 3 outer casing. It is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5GHz and 2 GB of RAM. Moto X consists of a 13MP primary camera and a 2MP secondary camera. It has all the regular connectivity options like 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB. Its battery capacity is 2,300 mAh Li-Ion battery, in comparison to its predecessor’s 2,200 Li-Ion battery.
Moto X 2014 has not received the official Android Marshmallow update. But with the use of custom ROMs it is possible to update this device to Marshmallow. CyanogenMod team has released an official nightly for this device. Follow the below tutorial to install it on Moto X 2014.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto X must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.