Nexus 6 features a large 5.96″ AMOLED QHD display, with a resolution of 1440 x 2560, giving it an impressive 493 ppi pixel density. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor, with 3GB of RAM, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Nexus 6 shooter comes in at 13MP, with optical image stabilisation and a twin-LED ring flash, for clearer photos in low light conditions. Other features include a 3220mAh battery and a bundled Motorola Turbo Charger for a quick battery charge.
CyanogenMod team have started rolling out official CM 13 nightlies. Nexus 6 is the latest device to release it. CM 13 has better performance and features than the stock ROM. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.