Huawei Nexus 6P is a high-end Android smartphone, released in September 2015. It features a 5.7″ Quad-HD AMOLED display, 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, and 3GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, though the device lacks a removable storage slot. Other features include a USB Type-C port, 12MP rear camera, 8MP front selfie camera and 3450mAh battery. On the exterior, the Nexus 6P features a fingerprint sensor.
Nexus 6P runs on stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. But there are many users who prefer custom ROMs rather than stock as they offer better features and performance. CM 13 ROM is one of the best ROMs out there and it is available for Nexus 6P. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6P:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Nexus 6P:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.