Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is the younger sibling of the Galaxy S4. It runs on a 1.7GHz dual core Snapdragon processor, with 1.5GB RAM and 8GB internal storage (16GB in some regions). The 4.3″ Super AMOLED display has a resolution of 540×960. The S4 Mini runs on Samsung Touchwiz and comes with the standard suite of Samsung apps.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will surely miss out on the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. But don’t worry as CyanogenMod team have created an official nightly of CM 13 ROM for this smartphone. This ROM will update S4 Mini to Android 6.0. A detailed tutorial is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your S4 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on S4 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.