Samsung Galaxy S5 was released in 2014 as the flagship device. Galaxy S5 is powered by a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB RAM. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB, with a microSD slot up to 128GB. The 16MP camera is capable of 4K video recording and real time HDR photos. Along side the camera flash is a heart rate sensor, which can be used with Samsung’s S Health software. The S5 has a 2800mAh battery providing power.
Previously we saw how to install CM 13 on Galaxy S5. But that was an unofficial version and it had a lot of bugs. Since then CM team have released significant updates and an official nightly for this device is available. A detailed tutorial on how to install official CM 13 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.