Sony Xperia M is a low end smartphone. Released in August 2013, it features a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor, 1GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage. A MicroSD slot allows for an extra 32GB to be added. The 4″ display has a resolution of 480×854. The Xperia M has a 5MP camera, which can record video at 720p.
Although Xperia M falls in the low end category, CyanogenMod team have still managed to create CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0 for it. Sony has stopped support for this device long back but with CM 13 you can still get the latest OS. Follow the guide below to install CM 13 on Xperia M.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia M:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Xperia M:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.